Over the last years, Sarong has made several improvements to reduce the environmental impact in production:
SUSTAINABILITY AS A NEW WAY TO CONCEIVE BUSINESS
Sarong has made a serious commitment towards sustainability in all parts of its activity:
Extensive insulation of its production facilities in order to reduce heat loss;
Substitution of old air treatment units, gas boilers and heating systems with modern ones having much higher yield, thus reducing heat dissipation;
Massive heat recovery is generated in our Converting Dept. and used for both production processes and premises heating during wintertime, allowing very significant saving.
These improvements allow us to use almost only recovered heat for production processes
Sarong is committed to design machines always complying
with energy optimization targets.
Sarong has drastically reduced the environmental impact generated by the materials used for end-product packaging through optimized material use and sustainable materials:
OPTIMIZED MATERIAL USE AND WASTE MANAGEMENT
- Final packaging redesign aimed to reduce material consumption (e.g. thickness);
- Production process redesign aimed to reduce the scrap rate;
- Better separation of the scraps and wastes generated by the production process, thus increasing their recycling rate;
- Grinding of material scraps in order to reduce the waste volume and the environmental impact of its transportation.
- Substitution of materials composed of several polymers, with single polymers (e.g. PP, LDPE, mono PET), that can be recycled;
- Use of post-consumer recycled resins at the highest possible rate. (e.g. R-PET also for PET/PE);
- Substitution of oil-based polymers with bio-based polymers to improve bio-degradability and compostability, (e.g. bio-based PP and PLA);
- Introduction of Aluminum (100% recyclable) for coffee single serve capsules;
- Development of Formable Paper solutions for several packaging applications.